WORK FROM HOME – VIRTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE!
In order to be considered for this position you must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Who We Are
Amazon Customer Service is arguably the best on earth! We solve problems for our customers on the spot and treat everyone like a friend. Customer Service plays a large role in Amazon’s growth, as we innovate on behalf of our customers based on their experiences and feedback. Come join Amazon Customer Service!
Amazon is seeking applicants who are customer obsessed, demonstrate high ownership and are passionate about innovating the customer experience. If you are looking for an opportunity to have flexible hours and provide a world class customer experience, this is the role for you!
Our Virtual Customer Service is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. As an Amazon Customer Service Part Time Flex (PT) employee, you will flex your schedule to meet the needs of our customers. You will connect with customers through phone, chat and email. Work schedules will be determined through shift bids which take into consideration your preferences, business need and your performance. The average amount of work scheduled hours is 20-29 hours per week, with opportunities to work additional hours during peak seasons. Available shifts will include morning, afternoon and evenings, typically including one or both weekend days. Schedules will change throughout the duration of your employment. There may be mandatory overtime, based on business needs or large scale events. Being able to work a flexible schedule that falls within our operating hours is required and expected.
Working hours for all staff increase substantially during different times of the year in preparation for peak events, in the summer and shortly before Thanksgiving through mid-January. You may be required to work up 40 hours per week during these times. You may be required to work any/all major holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. If you’re a student, we’ll do our best to work around your school schedule!
Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $10. 00 per hour through 4 weeks of training; a minimum of 25 hours is expected each week during training. Upon successful completion of training, and except as otherwise required by law, the pay will increase to $12. 00 per hour at the beginning of the next payroll period. Amazon will provide dedicated resources to support your ongoing growth and development.
· Your address must be in one of the states we are currently hiring. Any applicants with home addresses outside of hiring states will not be considered.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Fluent English language proficiency required
· Basic typing, phone, and computer navigation skills
· Ability to navigate the Internet, multiple browsers, email, and Instant Messenger tools
· 1+ years in a service environment dealing with the public
· Ability to participate and complete mandatory training (this schedule may be different from your production schedule upon hiring)
· Ability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person
· Customer Focus
· Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
· Uphold company values and respect every customer
· Exude patience and ownership with each customer
· Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers
· Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
· 10 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed or faster from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only)
· Must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable.
· You may use an external monitor (with appropriate cables), wired USB keyboard, and wired USB mouse, but they are not required or provided.
· You will be shipped a headset and token to the address provided in your application. Equipment may arrive separately.
· Please be sure to verify that your mailing address in our system is an address where you can receive equipment to ensure that there are not delays in receiving your equipment. Make sure you add the apartment number (if any). PO Boxes are not supported and we must have a physical address for you to receive your equipment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.