If staying fit were easy
, we’d all be walking around perfectly chiseled. But let’s be real. We all experience ups and downs while on the journey toward fitness.
Whether you’ve been working out all your life or you’re just getting started, we could all use an extra dose of inspiration. Sometimes all it takes is a few good inspirational fitness quotes to help you get up and moving. Because let’s not forget that
fitness is not just about what you do with your body, it’s also about your mindset
One of my favorite inspirational quotes is from Dr. Wayne Dyer who says,
“Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
It reminds me that our thoughts do have tremendous power and we should be very conscious as to what we feed our mind because our body takes note.
We asked some fitness and yoga friends from around the world to hear some of their own or favorite inspirational fitness quotes that they use to get themselves and clients back on the fitness track when motivation is lacking – or to continue pushing them harder! Here’s what they said:
8 Inspirational Fitness Quotes To Get You Moving
1. “The hardest part of doing yoga is rolling out your mat!”
Yoga Teacher and Author
2. “You said ‘tomorrow’ yesterday”
Owner of FuncFitness Australia
3. Do it because you love it, not as penance for pie. “Workout because you love your body, not because you hate it” – Unknown
Molly believes that Yoga (or ANY exercise) is NOT a form of punishment.
Molly McNeil, Yoga Teacher and Trainer at
Core Power Yoga
4. “If you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford
MJ has provided a great quote one for those times our minds get in the way, especially when we’re in the middle of something challenging.
Owner of Power Yoga Canberra
5. “Meet yourself on the mat with the heart quality & gentleness of a mother with her newborn child and with the mindset & fierceness of a lioness protecting her cub.”
Owner of Rain Yoga
6. “Knowing you are worth the EFFORT, the hard work, the love, the sweat, the tears, and all the beauty and prosperity that comes through it, and continue to flow towards you as the result.”
Marlize likes to remind her class that this life is all about yourself. No one else. And that you are responsible for everything in your life.
7. “The more you step onto your yoga mat, the more you get to uncover and discover the true essence of this practice. Working out becomes overrated, working in becomes your main priority. Keep showing up”
8. “She turned her can’ts into cans and her dreams into plans”.
Rachel provided this philosophical quote that can easily be applied to getting you butt in shape!
Do you have a favorite inspirational fitness quote that helps you stay fit? Share it with us!
Pin this post for later!
About The Author
Robbie Allison-Young is a drummer, writer and thrill seeker. It’s these passions that have seen him tour the world with his band, Atlantis Awaits, and more recently, trek to Costa Rica and volunteer as a writer at Blue Osa. His search is endless and destinations boundless.
Watch his band here
Body Image Photography Model: Justine Janssen (Owner of Power Yoga Canberra)
Model: Bee Bosnak, Model: Marlize Joubert