Do you want to generate more traffic to your website?
If so, then Pinterest needs to be a part of your overall social media marketing strategy.
While it may seem suited for B2C on the surface, there are a variety of ways any business can thrive on one of the top social networks dedicated to visual content.
In this post, we’re going to look at five genius ways you can generate organic Pinterest traffic to your website.
Want to plan and schedule your social media content in advance? Here’s your
5 Genius Ways to Generate Organic Pinterest Traffic
If you’re not sure why you should invest time in Pinterest, here are a few interesting stats that will get you going in the right direction.
Pinterest has an estimated 880 million visits per month to their
, with 34% from the United States. It’s the 40th most popular site globally.
Pinterest gets an estimated 52% of its traffic from
, which shows Pinterest as a whole, plus its pins and boards, rank well in search. Compared to other social networks’ traffic from search, Instagram gets 17%, Twitter gets 15%, and Facebook gets 9%.
There are 175 million active registered
on Pinterest, a number that has doubled in three years.
The Pinterest app is the fifth most popular social media app on the both the
for Apple users and
for Android users. The app has an average of 4.5 out of five stars on both platforms, based on over 4.5 million reviews.
In the United States, it’s estimated that 45% of women, 17% of men, and an average of 35% of people ages 18 – 49 use
93% of active users say they use Pinterest when
planning to make a purchase
Pins tend to have a
than updates to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social networks when optimized properly.
1. Research the Best Types of Images for Your Industry / Niche
- High quality photography that represent a product, service, person using a product or service, or reason to use a product or service.
- Images that evoke emotion or inspire with great visuals, quotes, or both.
- Images that show complete directions on how to do something.
- Images that represent a certain step within a process.
- Images that display statistics, data, and facts on a particular topic (infographics).
- Header images for a piece of content or a section within content.
2. Encourage Visitors to Pin Your Images in a Variety of Ways
3. Optimize Your Profile, Pins, and Boards to Increase Visibility
4. Promote Your Pinterest Account and Pins on Other Social Networks
A quick note about the reviews on this site: I am an affiliate for every product I review. The vendors of these products give me them without charge in order for me to test them. However all my reviews are done as honestly as possible and I make no promises to the vendor prior to writing my review. Should you click a link on this site that takes you to a paid product this link will be an affiliate link and I will be paid a percentage of the sales price should you decide to purchase that product.