In this lesson, you learn about some other great affiliate network alternatives to Clickbank, and the advantages you can get from each!
So you’re looking for an alternative to Clickbank. I get it; sometimes people just want to know all of their options before settling down with a lovely affiliate network, building a house and erecting a white picket fence. Others prefer to promote the kinds of physical products that simply aren’t available on Clickbank, or lean toward CPA offers, and therefore have to go abroad.
Whatever the reason, you’re here. I’ve done the research for you and compiled some information about the top ten Clickbank alternatives. This way, you can learn everything you need to know in the one place, rather than hunting all over the web.
You’ll learn a bit about how they work and what you can expect, as well as how they compare to Clickbank. At the end there’s a summary to make it simpler than ever to figure out where to go next, including a table for easy comparison.
So! Let’s begin.
1. Rakuten LinkShare
Rakuten LinkShare offers affiliate programs from big brands, but you have to apply to promote them and it’s not always easy to get accepted. Best for those with some experience already.
Rakuten LinkShare is an affiliate network for physical products with a broad range of product options, including some well-known brands.
The signup process is a little more involved than some other networks, and getting around is a little more complicated. In saying that, they do provide you with helpful input along the way.
The welcome email you get after signup provides a lot of useful information about getting started, and when you first log in, there’s a helpful little pop-up with advice.
When browsing the catalog for products to promote, I noticed that you have to apply to be accepted by each advertiser.
This means that you have to wait for approval and meet the advertiser’s standards before you can promote the products. Also, because of what the advertisers are paying for their use of this network, the commission rates are lower than some other networks.
One of LinkShare’s strengths is its deep-linking feature. You can
read more about what deep linking is here
How Rakuten LinkShare compares to ClickBank
- Clickbank is fast and easy to sign up for, while Rakuten LinkShare is much more complicated and drawn out.
- Clickbank acceptance is instant for all products, while it’s not guaranteed that you’ll be accepted to promote the products you’d like with Rakuten LinkShare.
- Unlike Clickbank, LinkShare is a network of physical products.
- There are big brands on LinkShare, much bigger than you’d find on Clickbank.
- The downside of this is that the bigger the brand, the less likely you’ll be approved to promote the product.
- If you’re an affiliate marketer with some experience under your belt already, you might find LinkShare has just what you need.
2. CJ Affiliate by Conversant
CJ Affiliate by Conversant is easy to use and full of useful stats. There’s a large variety of product types to promote.
With CJ Affiliate, you must apply to be accepted by advertisers. This takes some time compared to the instant acceptance of many other networks (such as ClickBank).
However, it’s usually not too difficult to get accepted by most; you just have to be a legitimate marketer with ethical practices.
In CJ Affiliate, it’s easy to filter product searches by variables such as category, serviceable area, language, currency etc… This makes it very convenient for you to find the best products to promote quickly and painlessly.
Once you find the types of products you’re looking for, you can further refine your options with the information provided. The network has pretty much everything you could need to know, including:
- The network earnings (the more green, the better!).
- The average EPC (earnings per click) from the past 3 months.
- The average EPC of the last 7 days.
- How much you’ll make from a sale.
Clicking on any product will provide even more info about the company, including a description, program terms, and more.
CJ Affiliate has a very large variety of products to promote. To learn more,
check out the guide to using CJ Affiliate by Conversant in our free lessons here
How CJ Affiliate compares to Clickbank
- CJ Affiliate has digital products that you can promote like Clickbank, but it also has physical products.
- You do have to earn approval from advertisers, which isn’t the case with Clickbank, so it’s a slower process. However, I haven’t had too much trouble getting accepted.
- There is just as much information on the products available for comparison, so you can make an informed decision about what to promote — both networks are really good for this.
ShareASale is another well-known affiliate network with a lot of product options.
It’s simple and easy to sign up for ShareASale, but it’s not the most straightforward platform for navigating the available features.
Search for merchants by hovering over the Merchants icons at the top, then selecting “Search for Merchants” from the menu that appears.
Your options include searching via keyword, category, or a mixture of information in an advanced search.
You can review information about any given affiliate product, such as stats like this:
It’s not easy to join affiliate programs. You have to verify that you own your website before you can join any of them, which involves placing a key in your website’s header tag.
One convenient feature ShareASale has developed is the ability to add products to your “basket,” which means you can assemble a collection of merchants or products you’d like to save the information for, and then apply for them, review them, or export that information later on.
There is quite a wide variety of both physical and digital products on this network.
How ShareASale compares to Clickbank
- It’s not as straightforward to navigate/utilize features on ShareASale as it is on ClickBank.
- ShareASale has physical products as well as digital products, unlike ClickBank, which has mostly digital products.
- It’s easier to save lists of prefered products and/or merchants on ShareASale than it is on Clickbank because of the “basket” system.
- The process of joining affiliate programs is much more involved in ShareASale than it is in ClickBank, as you have to prove that you have your own website.
4. Market Health
Market Health is best for affiliates looking to promote physical products in health-related niches. Newbie friendly.
Market Health is an affiliate network with a broad variety of health products. Some of the categories include general health, weight loss, colon health, men’s health, cosmetics, health and beauty, skin care, sports nutrition and others.
It’s super easy to sign up, and the site is extremely straightforward to use. You can browse by product category, you can look at their featured products or you can sort by country/language.
You can then look at the variety of products available to you, each stating the CPA (cost per action). Clicking on any given product will take you to a page containing all the information you need about it, including payout per conversion, a preview of the sales page and a tracking link.
You can customize your tracking link in a variety of ways, such as generating a TinyURL version, or adding sub IDs so that you can review the performance of specific links in a conversion report.
Some products also have other resources available, such as banners that you can use on your site. All of the information about that will be found on the product’s page.
How Market Health compares to Clickbank
- Market Health has a narrower product range than ClickBank, as it only caters to health-related niches.
- That said, if you are in one of those niches, then Market Health is a great specialized resource — more so than Clickbank.
- Clickbank is an affiliate network with mostly digital products, whereas Market Health revolves around physical products.
- Clickbank has a gravity filter that helps you to select products based on their success rate with other affiliates. As there isn’t an obvious version for this within Market Health, you’re a little more in the dark about the performance of any given product.
- To get around this, you can always browse the featured products section if you’d like to play it safe, as these have proven themselves as top sellers.
Neverblue is a CPA network with a great reputation, but it can be difficult to get accepted.
Neverblue is by all accounts a very well respected network specializing in CPA, or cost-per-action, advertising.
CPA differs from product-based affiliate marketing in that you get a commission when people go and perform an action, usually something like signing up for something or entering details into a form. You don’t actually need to complete a sale to earn a commission.
Neverblue connects people who want traffic and leads with those who can direct it their way. Neverblue has an incredible reputation. Everywhere I’ve looked, people are very happy with the support and communication, as well as the commissions and integrity.
Jade commenting about Neverblue on Affiliate Paying
The trickiest thing about Neverblue is getting accepted. The site is very careful about the potential for fraud and will do a check on everyone before accepting them. If you have dodgy practices in place, you’ll likely find yourself missing out.
In saying that, if you’ve got nothing to hide, just be honest and you’ll be fine. Many newbies have claimed that Neverblue is very newbie friendly. An affiliate manager will call you and work with you, answering your questions and ensuring that everything is going smoothly.
azgold commenting about Neverblue on Affiliate Fix
The site offers a wide variety of opportunities to choose from, and it’s known for paying correctly and on time.
How Neverblue compares to Clickbank
- Neverblue will connect you with relevant CPA offers rather than the digital-product merchants that Clickbank connects you with.
- Neverblue is a lot more “hands-on” than ClickBank with their follow-up and active affiliate managers.
- Neverblue requires you to apply and it can be difficult to get accepted, whereas Clickbank is instant sign-up.
- Once signed up, they’re both easy to use and newbie friendly.
Another CPA network, less prominent than Neverblue but still reputable.
Affiliate.com tends to prefer intermediate to advanced affiliates, so if you don’t have much experience yet you’d probably be best to try one of the other networks first. There’s not as much information about Affiliate.com as there is for some of the other networks, but what I’ve found about it has been positive.
Rushikesh commenting about affiliate.com on Affiliate Paying
The latest Facebook review
To sign up with the site, you have to fill out an affiliate application, which the site will review within 2 business days. You’ll get a call to confirm all of your information and be assigned to an affiliate manager.
At this point in time, Affiliate.com claims almost 2,000 live campaigns in a variety of categories, so there’s definitely a large selection to choose from.
How Affiliate.com compares to Clickbank
- Affiliate.com has CPA offers rather than digital products.
- Affiliate.com favors experienced marketers more than Clickbank, which requires no experience.
- The application process for Affiliate.com is more involved and requires you to wait for approval.
- Affiliate.com has active affiliate managers, so you’re likely to have more contact from them than Clickbank.
A digital product network like Clickbank.
JVZoo is very similar to Clickbank in that it’s a network for affiliates and sellers based around digital products.
It’s easy to navigate, and, just like with Clickbank, you can check out the marketplace to get an idea of the products you could promote before you’ve even signed up.
I have to say that I’ve found a few negative reviews that gave me pause, and in having a look around myself I’ve found a few shortcomings.
I picked a random category in the marketplace to get an idea of the products — the general subcategory of the larger self-improvement category — and found that the first product I clicked on took me to an error page saying the URL could not be retrieved. I also noticed that the same product had terrible grammar, which didn’t fill me with confidence:
I know that this looks a little nit-picky, and it’s true that many people do make money with JVZoo and that some of the products are fine.
Tim commenting on One More Cup of Coffee’s review about JVZoo
I think the key to using JVZoo is to really have to look at what you’re promoting before you go ahead with it to avoid risking the reputation of your own website on low-quality products. This is true of any network, but especially important here.
I like how Nathaniel explains it in his review, “
Can You Make Money on JVZoo?
,” so check that out if you’d like more information about this network.
How JVZoo compares to Clickbank
- They both promote digital products, so it’s a very direct comparison.
- JVZoo’s online reputation for product quality is a little lackluster
- Clickbank has a clearer filtering process ( such as the gravity filter) to help affiliates find good products to promote
- They’re both easy to explore, free, and instant to sign up for.
A high-quality CPA network, which prides itself on being custom-built.
Peerfly is another CPA affiliate network, once again with high-quality offers and a great reputation, but you do have to apply and be approved.
This verification process is a really good thing. It means that if you do get accepted, you’re in good hands. Networks that put in this kind of effort aren’t as easy to sign up for as instant-access networks, but it’s because they value integrity and quality. It just means there’s a bit of a wait to get your application processed.
The cool thing about PeerFly is that the software is custom built, so you’re unlikely to experience downtime or other hosting related issues.
You can apply to be a publisher from anywhere in the world. PeerFly has a convenient payment options. You can even opt for weekly payments, so you won’t be waiting around to get your commissions. The site offers PayPal, Payoneer, check, wire, or ACH transfers if you live in the US.
You can also access your stats on your phone via the mobile stats page.
How PeerFly compares to Clickbank
- PeerFly has CPA offers rather than digital products.
- The application process for PeerFly requires you to wait for approval, which can take a while if there’s a backlog of applications. Clickbank is instant.
- They’re both very user-friendly.
- PeerFly is smaller than Clickbank, but a lot more focused on filtering out undesirable products and shady marketers.
9. Amazon Associates
An enormous variety of products to promote, but low commissions.
Everyone has heard of Amazon. It’s a big player in the e-tail and internet marketing games, and as an affiliate you can take advantage of this huge network.
This is probably one of the broadest networks that you could promote from, with something for nearly any niche. It’s also extremely easy and straightforward to start promoting products.
You also get the benefit of Amazon’s credibility. People have heard of Amazon, they know it’s a legitimate website, and are much more confident buying from it than they would be purchasing from an unknown product website.
jvnair commenting on Warrior Forum about being an Amazon Affiliate
The major downside of Amazon is that the commissions you can earn here are very small, so you have to have a lot of traffic and push through a lot of sales to make it worth your while.
You also have a small window of 24 hours in which your referrals will need to buy for you to make your commission.
It can be tricky to get approved. You need a website, because getting approved without one is highly unlikely. If the one that you have doesn’t receive much traffic you may not be accepted either, but then without much traffic this network wouldn’t really benefit you anyway.
find more information or sign up for Amazon Associates here
How Amazon Associates compares to Clickbank
- Amazon has many more products in a greater variety of categories than Clickbank does.
- Amazon has physical products, whereas Clickbank mostly has digital products.
- Amazon sales pages have a credibility that other sales pages (like the ones found via Clickbank) won’t automatically have.
- Amazon’s commission percentage is much, much lower than Clickbank’s.
- You have to push a lot more sales through Amazon than Clickbank to make a profit.
- You have to prove that you have a website to sign up for Amazon and you have to await approval, while Clickbank’s sign-up process is straightforward, easy, and fast.
- They’re both easy and straightforward to understand and use.
10. eBay Partner Network
Huge variety of products, but you need a website with quality traffic to succeed.
eBay Partner Network is a very similar story to the Amazon Associates network. There’s a huge amount of products available for you to promote, and you get the added advantage of eBay’s credibility: People know that it’s safe to buy from eBay.
It’s hard to get accepted into this network unless you have a website with a lot of quality traffic, which is fair enough, as you need that quality traffic to earn a decent commission here anyway.
learn more about the commissions you can earn from the eBay Partner Network here
How the eBay Partner Network compares to Clickbank
- The eBay Partner Network has a lot more products available to promote than Clickbank does.
- The eBay Partner Network has physical products unlike Clickbank, which is predominantly digital products.
- eBay’s sales pages have a credibility that other sales pages (like the ones found via Clickbank) won’t automatically have.
- You have to have a website with a lot of high quality traffic to sign up for the eBay Partner Network.
- You have to await approval, while Clickbank’s sign-up process is straightforward, easy, and fast.
- They’re both easy and straightforward to understand and use.
So what should I choose?
Depending on your individual marketing requirements, you could choose one or more of these networks to promote from.
If you’re looking for digital products,
is actually one of the best networks. It has high commission percentages and a wide variety of products to choose from, many of which are good quality.
If you haven’t found what you’re looking for with Clickbank previously, I’d try using the gravity filter to find the best niche and products for you before giving up. You can
find a guide on how to get the most out of Clickbank here
Alternatively, if you’re looking for physical products, rather than the digital products of Clickbank, the best options are:
If none of the above are calling to you, or you just have more of an interest in CPA marketing, the best two networks to apply for are
If you’ve got a lot of experience and traffic or a large social following, you may wish to try your hand with promoting via
. It’s just about having the right audience for promoting products from these well-known sites.
If you’d like to compare networks directly for yourself, try this table as a guide:
Add This to My Website
You’re not restricted to any one network, so you might as well try any that seem like they could be of use to you.